Quiz Questions for Week Beginning 25th November 2020
No prizes, just a bit of fun. Answers On Wednesday 2nd December
1. What kind of mixed drink takes its name from the Hindi or Sanskrit word for five?
2. Which world famous landmark is found on Mount Lee?
3. Although it did not hinder him scoring a goal in the first football world cup final, what was Uruguayan Hector Castro's physical handicap?
4. In the Beatles song 'All You Need Is Love' there are bits and pieces of songs from other composers. Can you name the four songs? One point for each song
5. Who won a best actor Oscar for his portrayal of an anthropophage?
6. If you were awarded 10 points in the UK for using it but only 1 point in Poland, what would you be doing?
7. Yorick, Dragonet, Will Somers, Patch, Muckle John and Triboulet are all examples of what?
8. Complete the title of each of the following Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales.
a. The Red
b. The Emperor's
c. The Steadfast
d, The Princess and
e. The Wild
9. In which famous battle did the English defeat the flower of France and capture the French king Jean I?
10. Who dictated the Qur'an to Muhammad?
11. Which uplifting 1956 invention carried Sir Christopher Cockerell to fame?
12. According to the expression coined by Andy Warhol, how many minutes of fame constitute the ephemeral condition 'celebrity'?
13. Who is the only actor who played a character that was killed by a Terminator, an Alien monster in the Alien series and a Predator?
a. Lance Henriksen
b. Bill Paxton or
c. Danny Glover
14. What does the Russian word Sputnik mean?
b. Little traveller
c. Star light
15. Which unit equals the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radition corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 1.33 atom?
16. Which solo performer was selected as the first Time magazine Man of the Year in 1927?
17. The name of which trendy beverage translated means 'stained milk'?
18. What is the S shaped sound hole in a violin called?
19. The normal wing beat frequency of the annoying mosquito is what?
a. 6 beats per sec.
b. 60 beats per sec.
c. 600 beats per sec.
d. 6,000 beats per sec.
20. Name the two American cult heroes found in song titles on David Bowie's Hunky Dory album.
Content Copyright © 2014 and fully owned by David Small ín the form of www.PaulsQuiz.com. All rights reserved.