Quiz Questions for Week Beginning 20th May 2020
No prizes, just a bit of fun. Answers On Wednesday 27th May
1. Which popular drink was once known as 'sack' in England?
2. In which classic film is there an evil whale named 'Monstro'?
3. A catastrophe and an Italian wine bottle in a straw basket. One word.
4. Frosty the snowman has "two eyes made of coal". What kind of nose does he have?
5. Which Oscar winner for Best Actor with the initials W. H. was best man at Ronald Reagan's wedding?
6. What is the name of the unit used to measure the strength of a pollution source or scent emission?
7. Which 18th century American statesman coined the saying "Time is money"?
8. In which film are the following words a message to all mankind?
ALL THESE WORLDS
ARE YOURS EXCEPT
USE THEM TOGETHER
USE THEM IN PEACE
9. The Union Flag, or Union Jack, is found on the flag of which US state?
10. Which successful European football club pioneered "Total Football" in the early 1970s?
11. George Young, older brother of ACDC's Malcolm and Angus Young, was a member of the Easybeats. George co-wrote a mega hit for the Easybeats that has been voted 'The best Australian song of all time'. What is the title of the song?
12. In which city is the world famous Uffizi art gallery?
13. The female Soviet soldier Lyudmila Pavlichenko shot to fame during WW II. In what did she excell?
14. Which expensive building material is associated with the word Carrara?
15. According to Amnesty International's capital punishment figures, which two countries executed the most people in 2010? One point for each correct answer.
16. What is the name of the misfolded protien that causes Scrapie, Mad cow disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and Kuru ('laughing sickness')?
17. Which Olympic sport is played on a 'sheet'?
18. What is the well known Japanese word for the poisonous puffer fish?
19. In which film does The Duchy of Grand Fenwick obtain a weapon of mass destruction known as the Q-bomb?
20. Which popular book and film begins with a small group fleeing in the night from their home Sandleford?
Content Copyright © 2014 and fully owned by David Small ín the form of www.PaulsQuiz.com. All rights reserved.